If I like vegetables used in this recipe, I especially like stuffing! It’s exceptional, so tasty.
I use yellow bell peppers, round zucchini and tomatoes because I like mixing colours in a plate. But you can also use aubergines or large onions.
You can reheat this dish the next day in the oven at 180 ° C for about twenty minutes, it will be delicious! Try it!
Serves 3 (6 vegetables, 2 per person)
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 round zucchini
- 300g pork sausage (in French: saucisse à rôtir, have a look at the picture below)
- 300g minced beef meat
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ bunch parsley
- herbes de Provence
- 1 slice of toast or bread
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Parmesan
- 1 dl milk
- 1 egg
- Olive oil
- ½ poultry or vegetables stock cube
- Salt and pepper
- A few slices of cheese
1) Wash the vegetables and cut the tops. Reserve them in a plate. Scoop out the tomato and zucchini flesh. Be careful not to pierce through the skin of the vegetables. Keep the flesh in a container (just flesh but not juice). Do the same with bell peppers but don’t keep the inside, because it’s bitter. Salt inside of each vegetable, turn them into a dish and let drain for one hour.
2) Peel and chop onion and garlic. Put into the container of vegetable flesh. Mix everything with a mixer. In a frying pan, put a little olive oil and cook the mixture a few minutes with salt, pepper and some herbes de Provence. When there’s no water anymore, turn off heat and let cool down. If there’s still liquid, use a sieve and press with a spatula. The mixture should have the consistency of dough, otherwise stuffing will be too liquid.
3) Chop the parsley. Remove crust from toast or bread only to keep the inside and soak in milk.
4) In a large container, put the minced beef meat. Remove the rind of the sausage and add the inside in the container. Add parsley, the egg, the inside of bread squeezed, 1 tbsp breadcrumbs, Parmesan and mixture of vegetables. Mix with hands adding salt and pepper.
5) Preheat oven to 180 ° C. In a baking dish, put a little olive oil, add a little of water (just a little at the bottom) and crumble half stock cube. Wipe the inside of vegetables with paper towel and place in the dish. Fill copiously vegetables with stuffing. Put a slice of cheese on each vegetable and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Put in the oven. . After 45 minutes, add the tops of vegetables and still bake 15 minutes. Serve with rice or potatoes for example ... Or only with bread slices!